Friday, January 22, 2010

It's COOL

...
It's Friday, and the weather is finally cooperating. Hope you have a chance to get out and enjoy.

Those 2 of you who regularly read this blog, may notice that I (Todd) am out, and Austen is in. I know he'll take good care of you. I'll be up with you at 4am, staring at the ceiling.

The "Hope for Haiti" telethon is tonight, it'll be on all channels, and there is a pretty powerful line up of stars hoping you will be watching. The images and stories coming out of Haiti are just horrific. Unimagine-able. I don't know how the rescue workers do it. They have my upmost respect.

Saw this article, and thought it was a nice one to pass along for a Friday. I'm a big fan of "Random Acts of Kindness," this one is a great example.

I'm reminded of the scene in "Evan Almighty" you know the one where he builds the Ark? Toward the end, God (played by Morgan Freeman) writes in the sand A R K .... Acts of Random Kindness. One at a time, do what you can.


Thinking about grabbing that new Google cell phone, "Nexus one"? Be sure to read the fine print about early cancellation policies before you sign on the bottom line.

Not sure if I shared this with you yesterday, certainly "caught my eye" being the Shuttle, NASA, Apollo fan I am. It's for museums and the like. 30 years worth of stuff, they don't want to throw it out, so they will give it away to places that can "show case" it.

You INTO gold? May want to be careful.




Tonight will be Conan's last night on NBC. The "45-million" dollar divorce included severence for his staff of 200. (How can you have 200 people on your staff, I just don't get it) Conan is said to be giving part of his share,which is 32 million, to bolster the compensation plans for those who worked for him. I'm sure he'll be off for a while, before re-surfacing on another network. FOX is said to be the "odds on" favorite.

It's going to be a good weekend for NFL football fans. Colts and Jets, and Vikings and Saints. You're not asking, but I see Colts and Vikings in the Superbowl. Maybe it's wishful thinking, anyone who has watched Daybreak knows that Peyton Manning and Brett Favre are my favorite quarterbacks. With that match up, I wouldn't care who won, I would simply enjoy the battle (secretly, and don't tell anyone) I think I'd pull for Vikings, cuz I think Peyton will end up with a trophy case full of Superbowls down the road, this is Bretts last chance.

Ever wanted the link to all those T-DOT Smartway cams around the loop here in Memphis? Your welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment